Monday, April 12, 2010

Nettle Tea

Irish Nettles by Ng @ What's for Dinner?The weather has been grand here and over the weekend we planted our vegetable garden. But there is one plant (which we did not plant) was ready for harvest.
Nettle Tea by Ng @ What's for Dinner?I wore kitchen gloves to pick and wash the nettles. The young green leaves are the best.
Nettle Tea by Ng @ What's for Dinner?Nettle Tea
makes 1 pot
1/2 cup fresh nettles
boiling water

I brewed my tea for about 3min and it had a light earth taste. Not bitter or gross at all. But I think next time I'm going to add a bit of mint.

3 comments:

  1. Did the tea need sugar?
    I made nettle soup. It was similar to Irish potato soup. It was a little bland, but a splash of Magi fixed it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not at all. I started to drink it cold with mint and it was really refreshing. Should I use more spice when I make the soup? What did the nettle leaves taste like?

    ReplyDelete
  3. To make the soup not so bland, just a little more salt, maybe some marjoram. The nettles tasted a bit like spinach. It did not have an unpleasant taste, and is supposed to be good for the digestion.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails