Friday, July 9, 2010

Creamy Beet Salad

Creamy Beet Salad by Ng @ Whats for Dinner?The beets in my garden are still filling out but luckily be found a lady selling them for 1e a bunch. One of the first recipe I made was this creamy beat salad. For years I have been grating cooked beets into bowls of plain yogurt. I even wanted it this salad at my wedding (it was vetoed by my mom). Last Dec we tried beet salad some Russian friends made. It had garlic, dried dill and creame fresh or yogurt. I've been adding garlic and dill ever since.
Creamy Beet Salad by Ng @ Whats for Dinner?The greens I used raw in salad and cooked on pizza.
Creamy Beet Salad by Ng @ Whats for Dinner?We ate a few beets raw, but mostly I roasted them. Just wash and bake them until the skin comes off. I cover the beet in tin foil and throw them in the oven when I'm baking something else. It takes about an hour before they soften.
Creamy Beet Salad by Ng @ Whats for Dinner?Creamy Beet Salad
makes one bowl
3 roasted and pealed beets
1/2 clove a garlic
1 Tbs chopped fresh dill or 1 tsp dried dill
1/2 cup plain yogurt
salt and pepper

Grate the beets. Make a paste with the garlic by mashing it with 1/4 tsp of salt. Mix the beets, garlic, dill and yogurt. Add salt and pepper to taste.
Creamy Beet Salad by Ng @ Whats for Dinner?We enjoyed this hot pink salad with homegrown cucumbers and homemade burgers. Yummy!

4 comments:

  1. I bought a bunch of beets at the farmer's market, and couldn't figure out what to do with them. I will stop at the store for some yogurt tonight, and make this salad, which I am sure no one but me will eat at home. Color is so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Beet, you're a cannibal.
    Don't worry, mom also vetoed "chicken fingers" for Josh, Ben, and Andrew, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mom did you make the beets yet? I'm sure everyone will love it. Shawn and I had a fight to lick to bowl it was sooooo good.

    Rachael- I can't kept it I have madbeet (like madcow). I'm just crazy about beets. Wish you could see my garden we ate our 1st beet this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I made the beet salad, and as predicted, no one is eating it but me. Their loss. I don't know if Rachael knows I made it.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails