Friday, November 13, 2009

Ox Tail Stew

Irish Ox Tail by ng @ Whats for Dinner?Ox Tail is not something I have ever seen at Wal-Mart, so when I saw these I got them. My husband hates Aabgoosht, which is a chickpea stew/dip. But I've been think how can he not like Aabgoosht. He likes hummus. I bet I can make an Aabgoosht that he will like. I'll make it more like a stew than a dip and he will never know.

Brown the meat.
Remove and cook 1 chopped onion with 1 tsp turmeric and some oil if the pan is dry.
Add 4 cloves of garlic.
1/3 cup of dried chickpeas.
1 can tomatoes
Meat back in the pot.
Cover with water.
Bring to a boil, lower and cook for hours and hours. (6 or more) I left mine in the slow cooker.
An hour before eating add 2 chopped potatoes and one dried lime. Salt and pepper to taste.
Aabgoosht Stew by ng @ Whats for Dinner?Aabgoosht the dip would be eating with bread. But so my husband would think this was a stew I made brown rice (which he also hates). I tried really hard to trick him, but he knew right away. I will not be making this again!

1 comment:

Related Posts with Thumbnails