Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Saffron Salmon

Saffron Salmon ready for the oven by ng @ Whats for Dinner?I like to bake fish in foil bags. It could just be because I like to gifts. Saffron and fish is not a new idea, Iranians enjoy this dish for New Year. But way wait till New Year? This is a gift I can give myself any day of the week.
Saffron, Lemon and Herbs by ng @ Whats for Dinner?Saffron expensive but if you grind first then you only have to use a tiny tiny tiny bit.

Grind a pinch of saffron with a pinch of sugar and salt. (My mother-in-law just uses sugar, but I like to mix it up).
Chop 1/2 of fresh herbs (coriander, parsley and mint).
Zest a lemon, slice half and juice half.
Rub the salmon with saffron, lemon zest and pepper. Fill the foil bag with the fish, herbs and sliced lemon. Add a drop of olive oil and the lemon juice. Fold up the bag. Bake for 15 min at 200c.

Saffron Salmon by ng @ Whats for Dinner?Open the foil bag and enjoy with dill rice.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails