Sunday, March 14, 2010

Saffron and Wild Mushroom Risotto

The 2010 March Daring Cooks challenge was hosted by Eleanor of MelbournefoodGeek and Jess of Jessthebaker. They chose to challenge Daring Cooks to make risotto. The various components of their challenge recipe are based on input from the Australian Masterchef cookbook and the cookbook Moorish by Greg Malouf.

I really like Risotto, but for some reason my mom does not. So I'm going to challenge her to make risotto, but without a recipe (because she doesn't really use/need them) and just using my photos, to make risotto.
PS. You can use Korean rice, and make any kind of risotto (even Mexican) so don't delay!

2 comments:

  1. I accept your challenge. I DO like risotto, I don't usually make it because I usually turn it into mush, which is unappetizing. I saw from the pictures you made a meat stock for the liquid. My version will be vegetarian/dairy. Also I do not have access to wild mushrooms for purchase, so I will make this in about a month, when the morel mushrooms should be prolific, as we have had ideal weather for them. It will be delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love how you did the photo series as a collage so much information in one picture and it does looks so delicious. Well done on this challenge. Cheers from Audax in Sydney Australia.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails